Wednesday, November 29, 2006

One Meeeeeeeeeeeelion Views

So I make a lot of videos. Once in a while one gets broadcast. Sometimes they are shown in galleries. Usually, at best, they go to film festivals and get seen by a few hundred people.

Well, at one of my jobs I was volunteered to help with a video. So I helped. I shot it and edited it, on a very fast deadline. Not my usual sort of video. It went up on youtube.com before Halloween, and when I looked the next day it was on the main page and had about 29,000 views. "Wow," I thought. "That's a lot of views." It stayed on the main page about a week.

Now, it has just made it past 1,000,000 views. Six zeroes. Seriously. It's about 7 minutes long, so it is fair to say this video has consumed 7,000,000 minutes of potentially productive time. That's 116,666 hours. 4,861 days. More than 13 years -- gone.

I would just like to take this moment to apologize for that.

It is currently the number 19 most-viewed video of all time in the "Arts and Animation" category. If you feel you must see it, it's at: Project Redeye. A production meeting for the sequel is being held on Friday.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

**AMAZING!!**

That's a lotta life-time expended in the cause of better Halloween photos. The collective image capture quality level has been elevated thanks to the efforts of you and your intrepid photogs. 8^)