Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Helpful New York Tip #4


Defacing public property can be time-consuming and stressful. You can cut down on the time needed on-site if you prepare your messages on some sort of sticker, then slyly attach these to advertisements, walls or other high-traffic areas. It is often considered more ironic if you use a sticker intended for official use, although "Hello My Name Is" stickers will work as well.

My favorite thing about making a photograph in the subway is that when I switch my pocket camera to "macro" mode and get really close to some detail to take a photo, everyone looks away and pretends disinterest. After I finish the shot and walk off, they nonchalantly walk over to the spot to see what was so interesting.

Found the above sticker on the same day Richard Quest was arrested.

No comments: